Thursday, February 01, 2007

In the sweet by and by...


I lost someone on 31 Dec 2006. Although I know she has gone 'to a better place where there are no tears or pain', I am still processing my grief.

At Keep Fit Class I 'see' you at your regular position...
I am reminded of your lip-sticked smile...
I recall the times we shared - all girls' nite-out, bridal showers (the intimate things we chatted about)...

The pot-lucks (or should I say, pot-bless as you term it) & hospitality at your home - roast duck with bitter gourd, roast chic, macaroni, fried spaghetti, mee siam... (Thanks for the lodeh rempah which I still have not used)

MMT makan & meetings ...
Prayer meetings with the Intercessors...
Sharing with you in ministry - Children (SS at the old premises), Management Team, MMT, Prayer, at one time the Ladies' Meeting...

Thank you, Luan, for your fellowship - I remember your visit on the day I was admitted to UH (end 2004)...
the time I spent in your (old) home in SS4D when I was also hit by the 'German "misiles" (measles)'...
of course not forgetting your wedding (first time I did the decor impromptu!!)...
and the numerous chats, things we did together at church-related events (camps, retreats, Bible study group, BTCP, etc)...

Indeed you had an infectious zest for life, an inspiring spiritual walk with the Lord and an exemplary commitment to good discipline.

I couldn't imagine life without you... and now... I still think very much of you...

I recall the last time I saw you (the night of Thu 28 Dec) when the Intercessors went to pray (& I couldn't pray - I wasn't sure whether I should pray for your healing or your going any more...)
I said, Thank you, Luan, for your love and fellowship... You are a sister endowed with much wisdom and discernment... & I have been impacted by your life.

As I wrote in your Updates you have displayed an exemplary faith and faithfulness. How appropriately we sang that song, Approved in every way at your Funeral Service.
Praise the Lord for all the services - they attested to God's greatness, faithfulness and your life of excellence! Well, when we meet again...we can exchange notes!

Till then... let us continue to run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith... Heb 12: 1-2

dolly
18 Jan 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home