Thursday, February 01, 2007

Aunty Luan

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Aunty Luan was called to the Lord on the 31st of December 2006, after celebrating her daughter's birthday (Hui En) one day before.

Aunty Luan was one of my Sunday School teachers in the old premises. I remember very well how I became such good friends with Hui En, Ming Han, etc.
When I first joined the BUC sunday school, I didn't know anyone, so I had no friends :( yes, I was once lonely. So one lesson, Aunty Luan asked me quietly, before our Sunday School class whether I have made any friends in our Sunday School Class. I replied with a no (I was the youngest in the class). So when everyone was settled, she introduced me and told the class to be friends with me. Ever since then, I have made very close friends in BUC, all whom I treasure very much. I think that if it weren't for Aunty Luan, I wouldn't have made such wonderful friends.

Everytime we had youth in the Leong's house and I see Aunty Luan, she would always wear a BIG smile and ask me how I am or how my family is doing.

And everytime I had a piano exam, Aunty Luan would always assure me that I would pass. And after, she would always ask me how it went.
And how can I forget the numerous times Aunty Luan told me to pull up my trousers? Haha. And always telling me to act like a lady, "A lady must never do this, a lady must be like this.."

During the memorial service, there was a phrase that really caught my attention.
"Aunty Luan would tell us not to focus on her, but on God." and "Stay faithful"
I really admire Aunty Luan's relationship with the Lord. She always wants to be closer to the Lord. Indeed, she is a faithful servant of our Lord Jesus Christ.

There are so many things that I could say about Aunty Luan but I need to stop now. I must study as my IGCSE mocks are starting this coming Monday.

Aunty Luan, we will meet on that beautiful shore...

Michelle Wong (youth)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home